Thursday, October 25, 2007

My New Life


I just thought I'd give an update on why I haven't been updating (besides the fact that my camera battery was out until today, so I didn't take any pictures). Since we've been back in Provo, Tim has been busy with school, work, and research. He has been working with an econ professor at BYU doing small research projects and applying for an ORCA (research) grant. Tim's job of organizing and grading english tests for missions (mostly in South America) got moved to the MTC, so he does the same things, he just has to wear a shirt and tie every day.
When we first got back, I stressed out because I couldn't find a job, so I got a job personal training at a Gold's Gym. I liked it, but it involves too much work and time that I wasn't getting paid for. One day while job searching, I found an opening with Medifit, a corporate health promotion company, similar to the one I did my internship with. There was an opening at the Discover Credit Card Site in Sandy, UT, so I applied and got it! I am definetaly an entry level employee working the night shift (2-10pm M-TH and 10am-6pm Fri.) for low wages, but I am just glad to be getting experience in the field of corporate health promotion. There, I run the fitness center at night, create fun bulletin boards on health and fitness topics, and help with incentive programs to get the employees to be healthy. I think I will also be teaching an onsite group exercise class in a few weeks! It gets kind of slow working at night, but I am really liking the job. I have also kept a few clients at Gold's in the morning, so I end up working about 50 hours a week. It's been pretty busy, but I'm finding joy in work (and an income!). If you'd like to know more about my company, go to medifit.com.

No comments: