Thursday, February 21, 2008

Update on Life

It's been a long time since I last posted. One of the reasons is because I haven't taken any pictures lately, but I decided I don't have to have pictures for every post. Anyway, life hasn't been too exciting here in the Larsen household. I'm busy working two jobs, and Tim is working two jobs on campus and going to school. We both got sick on Valentine's Day, and Tim was sick until last Tuesday, so we haven't even celebrated yet. He is also busy applying for Economic jobs all over. It will be exciting finding out what will happen the next few months of our lives.
I am currenly driving a rental car right now. About a month ago, I was quietly filling up with gas when a car came from behind and hit my back corner then drove away. I got the license plate, but didn't know what to do because I was so stunned. I got out of the car to look at the damage, went back in the car for a minute to clear my head, went back around to see the damage, then finally called Tim and the police. The officer who came to write the report said I should have called a few seconds earlier, because he had just pulled the driver over for speeding and let him go. He knew just who to call, and luckily, the driver (a high school boy), had insurance. Now, a month later, my car is getting fixed. The rental car thing is an entire story in itself.
I took the car in to get it fixed and the Enterprise rental car company knew I was coming-I called them twice on Monday morning. I rode over there to pick up my car, but they gave the last two cars to the two women in front of me in line. I told them I needed something with good gas mileage because I have to drive to Sandy every day (about 35 miles each way), but they gave me the option of a large truck or a minivan, and said I could trade the next day. I said okay and tried to be understanding because Monday was a holiday. Tuesday I went in to trade, but they told me they were out of cars again. The only car they had was a "luxery car" and I would have to pay the difference. (Apparently my large truck or minivan aren't "upgrades" so I didn't have to pay the difference for them). They also told me they would call me when they got a car in. I said I work two jobs - neither of them are in Provo - and not to worry about it. I would be fine with a minivan. I walked out very upset. Later, my boss at work told me the insurance company gives me a right to rent something of equal value to my own car, so I should have told them I wanted a car and they needed to provide me with one even if it meant getting one from another location. Finally, Wednesday morning at 7:30 am, they called me and informed me there was a car I could trade for. I said I had to drop my husband off at school and be in American Fork by 8:30 (and I don't plan a lot of excess time in the morning), but he asked if I have to take University Parkway, I said yes, and he said, "Great, just stop by and we'll just exchange keys. It'll take about 2 minutes." I did, but didn't have time to fill up with gas (they just said they'll charge me -because they are so nice), and now I have a rental car that I just have to turn back in tomorrow. I'm upset because even though I don't have to pay for the repairs, it's taken a lot of time. I'm also not very happy with Enterprise Rent a Car.

No comments: