A few months ago, Tim and I watched an amazing episode of Unwrapped on the Food Network. It was about how Hammond's Candy Factory made hard candies by hand at their factory in Denver, CO. Little did we know, we would someday be able to tour this magical factory...

Okay, so there wasn't much going on for the last tour of the day on a Saturday, but we did get to see them pull out and stretch the candy canes and a girl shaped the hooks by hand!
Plus there were free samples. (It's a good thing, too, because the gift shop was expensive!)
Tim almost decided he wanted a different career...
Another reason to come visit us in Colorful Colorado!
5 comments:
So much fun! I love that show .... i'm so jealous you guys got a sweet tour! I love doing things like that! :)
Yum! I remember going there with Aubrey, but would love to go again sometime. And I am totally jealous that Tim is standing outside in short sleeves -- it is cold in Virginia!
You keep trying to bribe people to come visit you. The candy factory does look fun, but if you really want people to come visit, you need to have some kids.
Maybe we should change Tim's nickname to Candy Pants. I mean, it is a family name afterall.
Look fun, nice style !
Post a Comment