We have definitely been keeping busy while in Texas. Here are a few of our adventures...
While the whole fam was here, I wanted
to do a mystery dinner (I had never done one before), so I ordered one
that had a 50's theme, decorated, put some records on (or created a
playlist on pandora---same thing), and we had a good time.
My jukebox
The diner menu:
Our
characters were pretty fun! Rod-scientist Ivan Sputnik, Diney-spunky
Bobby Sox, Tim-greaser Johnny Angel, Aubrey-attractive Barby Q, Scott-musician Chubby Cheddar, DeAnne-beauty queen Tiara Diamond, and me-reporter Peggy Sue.
There's no telling who the murder was, though
Ty takes after his Grandpa Rod and LOVES playing Trains. He walks us to the train room, pats on the (closed) door, and then walks back to us to take him in there. Luckily, Rod got the big train out while he was here over the 4th.
Grandma Diney and Mackenzie's Tea Party (Girls Only):
Market Square (a Mexican market)
We did some shopping in the old German town of Gruene (pronounced: Green)
And of course dressing like cows to get free food on Chick Fil A's Cow Appreciation Day
Ty loved his chicken nuggets!
My friend Ida from high school recently moved to San Antonio, so we met up a few times. She and her two cute kids joined in on the cow action.
Also, I finally got to go to a cooking class at Sur La Table. It was a Birthday/Mother's Day present from Tim's parents. I dragged Tim along for the "Date Night Tour of Paris"
Tim shaping the Grogeres
Dijon-Coriander Crusted Salmon:
Chef Kidd in action:
The fruit of our labors:
Cute Couple:
It was a fun night!
4 comments:
So glad you got to go to a class! That sounds like a delicious class to attend.
That cooking class looks like tons of fun! Not to mention delicious :) Jealous you got to see Ida! I wish I was in Houston to make a day trip to San Antonio :(
Ty doesn't really have a choice about loving trains, does he? You are doing all kinds of fun, creative stuff!
I love that train! is huge! I have a nephew who loves trains! I love USA, my dream is to go one day, I will tell!
Kisses!
Post a Comment