Thursday, September 18, 2014

Southern Road Trip Part 3: Alabama

Next stop was Montgomery, Alabama. We drove the route of the Selma to Montgomery March in 1965. Montgomery was a nice town. In the morning, Tim and I went on a run around the town. We went down to the river then came up the main street which has the stop where Rosa Parks got on her bus, the church Dr Martin Luther King gave his speech, and the Capital.
Our research took place at the county archives. We were allowed to take pictures here and even got to wear these cool white gloves.
This is a reminder of a southern rainstorm. Our hotel was only a few blocks away, but Tim ran home to get the car. I was outside just long enough to run from here to the car and by the time I sat down in the car, I was soaked! About an hour later, it was clear.
That night, we went to a Montgomery Biscuits game. One their mascots was Miss. Gravy, a real pig! I was pretty excited to pet her. Aubrey stopped by for the weekend, but the next morning, Tim took me to the airport in Birmingham. He traveled to a few other cities for more research, but didn't take many pictures. I flew back to Texas to see my Ty-Guy.
 

No comments: