Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Heart Vienna

Okay family, you are now allowed to come visit due to the one Nielsen's Frozen Custard Franchise east of Utah. Yes, right here in Vienna, VA which also happens to be my favorite city in Virginia. It is located just north of Falls Church, so the trail I run on goes right through the middle of the city where there is a train depot, a Saturday morning farmer's market, and cute stores. The W&OD trail (Washington and Old Dominion) was built on an old rail bed and runs about 30 miles north and south. I love going on my long runs there Saturday mornings with all of my (many) fellow runners and bikers. Each time I go north on the trail, I am reminded by the lush green surroundings (I mean everywhere) and bright red birds that I am not in Utah, but I can appreciate each place for its own beauty.
So, Vienna is a cool place, and you should all come visit so we can take a walk on the trail and finish up with some custard from THE custard masters.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

ooo cool. I didn't realize that Vienna was that cool. Perhaps I will come visit...shouldn't be a problem, considering that I live 20 min away, haha!

Adkins Family said...

I can't believe there is a Nielsen's there! We will definitely have to come visit now!