The only thing Tim
really wanted for his Birthday yesterday was a Philly Cheese Steak, so we up and drove through 4 states to get one. Actually, we'd been planning the trip for a while, and Tim's parents and Aubrey came with us. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania was the first capitol of the US, and a lot of important things happened there to make our country what it is today.

I was most excited to see the historic sites, especially the Liberty bell. I found out: 1. It is located inside of a building (it makes sense, but I always thought it was outside); 2. It used to just be called the statehouse bell (or something similarly boring); 3. It has been a symbol of liberty for the country, the Abolitionist Movement, and later the Women and Civil Rights movements; and 4. It helped with one of the clues to the National Treasure in the movie.
Here are the descriptions of the pictures below going across...1. Independence Hall (tours were sold out, so we only got to see the outside.) 2. Ben Franklin's Post Office (no US flag because they didn't have one at the time he started it) 3. The sign outside Benjamin Franklin's gravesite 4. Elfreth's Alley - the oldest continually inhabited street in the US 5. Betsy Ross' House 6. A flag hung on the side of her house 7. Tim and the back of Independence Hall 8. Cool Bank of Philadelphia sign 9. A main street in Philly with lots of flags.

Of course, Tim got his wish. A Philly Cheesesteak "wiz wit." This is how you order when you want the sandwich with (the original) cheese whiz and "wit" onions. You may also notice his drink says "Pat's King of Steaks." Pat's is the original cheese steak place.

Mine was pretty delicious as well. Though I ordered a "provo wit."

And a trip to Philly isn't complete without visiting the "Rocky Stairs." They are actually at the art museum, but we all took our turns making the pose. In honor of the event, I even wore my "rocky" jacket. Here are Tim, Me, and Aubrey (Aubrey's jacket is kind of camo-looking, so you'll have to look close).


There is also a statue of Rocky (the only public statue of a fictional character) on the grounds. Aubrey and I were pretty hard core in the picture above, and below is Tim showing everyone that I am the winner of my match. -of course.

We also had a great time celebrating Tim's birthday on Sunday and Scott and DeAnnes, and Tim sure got spoiled! He got a game called Ticket to Ride, and we all had a really fun time playing it.

Happy Birthday, my Love!
10 comments:
So, this is your cousin Trevor, I don't have your email address to send you a note, thought I'd leave a comment instead. I noticed you guys added us to your blog list, thanks.
Two things. First, I love looking at your blog because you're seeing things I dream of seeing someday; you're very lucky to live so close to so many sites of national importance, especially the statue of Rocky :)
Second, how do you create your collage images? Do you use a program that does it for you, or do you just create them manually? Email me at macmec at gmail dot com. Good to get in touch again after a long time.
Looks like you had a great weekend! Tell Tim a happy belated birthday from us!
Philadelphia is honestly my favorite city. Seeing all your pictures makes me wanna go back and look through mine! I also have to point out that the building RIGHT NEXT to the Betsy Ross house was The Real World Philadelphia house...random bit of information.
Great pictures, great memories, what a fun weekend for us, too -- thanks for inviting us for Tim's birthday party, and for letting us stay with you, too!
Oh...I'm seriously so jealous of you and Tim right now!! I would love to see Philidelphia (not to mention all the other places you two have blogged about)! It must be so fun to live so close to all those historical places (I know you had to travel 4 states to get there, but I'd have to travel maybe 30?)!
You do a good job of clearly documenting everything you do! It looks like you had lots of fun. We hope that Tim had a happy birthday!
I am so jealous! Again. You made my mouth water with the Philly Cheesesteaks. I really want one now. But I'm sure anything here would never compare to the real original one.
PS Happy Birthday Tim!
I've never been to Philly...but i defiantly need to get to the Rocky stairs! I bet Tim had a fun birthday with everyone there! :)
Ticket to Ride is a hot new game! Way to go Tanaya!
:)
Cousin Ande
Post a Comment