Friday, July 10, 2009

My Cute Funny Husband

Tim is such a good husband. It was a really hard past year with him looking for a job for so long, but he never let it affect our time together. He kept busy by taking online classes and even earning money from small projects, and for the past two months he has been working for the University of Chicago Dept. of Population Economics. The office is a satellite office about 6 miles away from our apartment and he often rides my old bike to get there so I can use the car to get to work. I really appreciate all he does, but he does have some funny quirks...The other day he was planning to take out the trash after he made me a delicious dinner (because he's so sweet...and lost a deal :). As he was taking all of the trash bags out, he mentioned how he never remembers to but the liners back in. I told him it was fine and I was glad to refill the cans if he took the trash out, but he insisted he would get in the habit of re-lining the trash cans. A little while later, I went into the bathroom and found this...
No liner. I thought it was funny, so I went to check our bedroom and found this...
Hmm. Next I checked the kitchen. Tim had run out for an errand, and I found this...
Oh well. He had good intentions. Actually, he did refill the liner to the kitchen garbage. We're making progress!

I just thought this picture was cute because I'm usually the first one up in the morning, and I like to have my yellow blankie by me in bed, but when I'm up, I sometimes throw it over to his side. This is usually what happens...
He'll probably be very embarrassed about this post, but he is such a good husband! I love you, Tim!

8 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I always forget to put new liners in the garbage cans too. I discovered though, that if I leave five or six in the bottom of the can, once it's empty, there's already one there to replace it. Works like a charm!

Aubrey said...

I am glad that he found such a wonderful lady to love him so much!

Because I would probably just want to strangle him, hehe :)

Scott said...

Just wait for when you have to get him to mow the lawn. You might want to look into a rock garden instead.

Adkins Family said...

The garbage can story is quite hilarious. Such a guy thing... forgetting to take the garbage out I mean. I think we all forget to put liners in - some kind of human mental block.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Well, good intentions and all that....I like the photo of Tim with your blankie -- you'll get a lot of mileage out of that one!

Amelia Brame said...

Hahaha I love it! Especially him sleeping with your yellow blankie :)

Michelle said...

Tee-hee! Tim IS an awesome guy. He was so nice to drive us to the metro and everywhere else we wanted to go while we were visiting. He also has a great sense of humor. I really like the picture of the yellow blankie. :)

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

haha ... I love that you said becaue he's so sweet .... and lost a bet! the garbage story sounds just like tim! We miss you guys