Ever since we moved to Virginia, I've wanted to go to Shenandoah National Park. We finally found a hike and chose a day to go and hike Old Rag, the name of the mountain we climbed. And when I say climbed, I mean climbed!

It was about a full mile of rock climbing that looked like this...

And this...

It was over 9 miles round trip, and as we were climbing the rocks at about mile 4 it started to rain. The rocks were slick and we thought we had reached the summit about four times before we actually did, but once we really reached the summit it stopped raining and we had a great view.
This is why they call them the Blue Ridge Mountains...


The back way down the mountain was much easier than the way up (though the ranger didn't tell us this before hand). I was surprised at how different the scenery was. Tim even found some water...

And I did too!

Hooray for hiking! It took much more effort to find a place to go here than in Utah, but we're glad we did!
5 comments:
My legs hurt just reading this. I am going to go take a break...
Shenandoah is beautiful. I have some post cards from there. What a beautiful hike.
That looks so beautiful and fun!!
That looks like fun! I miss real hiking.
It looks beautiful! Man, you two must be in good shape.
Post a Comment