
Day one of our trip up the east coast: Plymouth. It was really not that exciting. We found out that Plymouth Rock was actually found by the son of someone on the Mayflower who pointed it out when he was in his 90's. They originally took the rock on tours and eventually broke it in half to have it in two places at once then basically glued it back together to place it in its home on the waterfront. The Mayflower was pretty though.

We also celebrated the Pilgrims and Indians and saw some (actually a lot) of old cool graveyards. More pictures of our trip coming soon...
3 comments:
SO COOL. As a history teacher, I'm pretty much all sorts of giddy and jealous when you post pictures of places like this. I wanna go!!!
What? In my little elementary school mind (and even now) I imagined Plymouth rock to be this HUGE rocky cliff with big rocks everywhere (like Pride rock in Lion King)... how disappointing :( BUT looks like a fun trip none the less! You guys always go on fun road trips! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
What a fun trip! I am glad you got to see all those cool sites. I know Tim loves showing that area to people, so who better to show it to than you?
Post a Comment