Saturday, November 28, 2009

Boston in the Fall

And now, our trip(s) into Boston... Monday morning we decided to park across the river and do a morning jog around town. We went straight to the Boston Public Garden. I have to admit, this was just about my favorite place. There were still some really pretty leaves and the landscaping was just beautiful!
Below are pictures of the garden and Beacon Hill (pretty houses)
We went to Quincy Market both days to get lots of good food. My first choice: Boston Cream Pie for breakfast! They even started putting the christmas decorations up!
On Tuesday before we left, we took a walking tour of the Freedom Trail (the first half) and finished the rest on our own. Below is the red line in the ground you follow for 2.5 miles.
Different points on the Trail (Mostly in order). From right to left: 1. State capitol 2. Crazy graveyard 3. Fanuel Hall 4. East Church (?) 5. Samuel Adams Tombstone 6. Paul Revere house 7. Little Italy 8. Tim standing next to Paul Revere 9. The old North Church 10. The bridge the Freedom Trail crosses 11. Bunker Hill Monument 12. The graveyard with Samuel Adams, Ben Franklin's Parents, and other famous people. (This one is out of order) PS Not pictured: The USS Constitution-it was being renovated and was closed :(
Me and our tour guide. She kept worrying that Tim and I were freezing and was so sweet!You can go inside the Bunker Hill monument, but it is 294 steps to the top. We made it but were both sore the next day.
...Last, a random picture of Tim. That concludes our trip up the east coast!
PS Special thanks to Doyle and Diane Williams. I really wanted a picture with them, but never got one. They were so nice to let us stay at their "Bed and Breakfast." Thank you!

6 comments:

Adkins Family said...

Looks like lots of fun and lots of exercise! I'm glad you guys got a chance to go up there. It looks like a fun trip!

Amelia Brame said...

"And I've never been to Boston in the Fall!" (Have you heard that Veggie Tales song?) ANYWAY- that looks like so much fuN! I wanna take a vacation now.... I guess a trip to St. George will have to do ;)

bennion.john@gmail.com said...

Hey Tanaya! I'd love to go to D.C. again and come see you! How've you been????

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

looks like fun! that last picture of tim looks like a cool spot to take pictures. Jealous as always of all the fun things you guys get to do and see!

Michelle said...

Wow! How fun! I love the pic with all of the weeping willows - SO beautiful.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Love all the photos and narrative about your trip to Boston -- and I am definitely a big fan of gardens wherever I visit!