Joey is still doing really well. She's sure a sweet dog, but is still very scared. The pending adoption fell through, so we took her to Petco again, but no interest yet.Well, I finally did it. I got a dog! Actually, Joey (Johanna) is a foster dog from a rescue group in the area. I have volunteered to take her until she gets adopted. I'm supposed to take her to Petco 2 Saturdays a month for adoptions. It's been a change having to take care of her. Of course, I chose the coldest week of the year to get her, so it's a challenge having to take her outside when she needs to go, but she's such a good dog. We think she's spent most of her life in a crate, because she is scared of any out of the ordinary sound and spends most of her time sleeping either in a corner or in her crate. She is sure sweet though. The poor thing had to come to a new home, get fixed and stay at the vet, have a bath, and go back to try and get adopted again all in one week. The good news...a really great older couple with their older daughter are interested! I think they would be perfect owners for Joey's needs, so I really hope it goes through. I may take a break for a few weeks, but there will probably be more fosters to come!
4 comments:
Your dog is cute! Way to be a foster parent :) We'll definitely come with you guys to Costa Rica! That'd be awesome! I just hafta talk Jon into it... :)
How fun and cute. It is so greats that people are willing to take foster pets. I know we are grateful to the lady took Cooper in before we got him.
What a cute doggie! I love the one of him sleeping on the bottom left. You'll have to keep us updated as to what happens to Joey!
I always think of beagles as having much longer, floppier ears -- shows how much I know (NOT) about dog breeds. She does look cute, though!
Post a Comment