Just as they got the snow cleared off all major roads, we took off to Texas to celebrate Christmas at the Larsen Family Ranch/Resort/Vacation Home (at least that's what we call it)! It was so nice to leave the snow to arrive at 60 and 70 degree weather! First stop: The Alamo!
Walking around San Antonio, we also saw some other cool sights including these signs promoting "The worlds largest collection of horns and antlers."
We spent the next few days shopping and getting our fill of Christmas Spirit, which was pretty easy considering the decorations we were around. The house was beautiful! Rod and Diney had 6 trees with different themes and at least 3 different Christmas Villages (one was handmade!)
We had lots of fun playing games, making lots and lots of cookies (see the cookie variety below) and relaxing. We had a really nice dinner on Chrismas Eve and Aubrey made an awesome yule log dessert which involved multiple steps.
Christmas morning was also pretty great! I got a nice yellow coat and lots of things to keep me warm including a space heater, a blanket, scarf, hat, sweater, and pj pants, and Tim got some clothes, church pants, a season of the show Psych, and a basketball. Together, we got passports and a wheat grinder! Below are pictures of us enjoying some of our gifts.

The day after Christmas, we saw the Japanese Sunken Gardens, which are gardens created in an old limestone quarry, and we rode the San Antonio Zoo Train. Tim and I rode in a train car dedicated to Kate. We chose that one for our cute niece!

Before leaving, we did manage to complete my Christmas check off list. #4: see the temple lights! I was bummed the visitor center was closed because of the snow, but we managed to see awesome lights! All in all, it was a really great Christmas season and Christmas. Thanks to everyone who helped us enjoy it and sent us cards!
We spent the next few days shopping and getting our fill of Christmas Spirit, which was pretty easy considering the decorations we were around. The house was beautiful! Rod and Diney had 6 trees with different themes and at least 3 different Christmas Villages (one was handmade!)
We had lots of fun playing games, making lots and lots of cookies (see the cookie variety below) and relaxing. We had a really nice dinner on Chrismas Eve and Aubrey made an awesome yule log dessert which involved multiple steps.
Christmas morning was also pretty great! I got a nice yellow coat and lots of things to keep me warm including a space heater, a blanket, scarf, hat, sweater, and pj pants, and Tim got some clothes, church pants, a season of the show Psych, and a basketball. Together, we got passports and a wheat grinder! Below are pictures of us enjoying some of our gifts.
Before leaving, we did manage to complete my Christmas check off list. #4: see the temple lights! I was bummed the visitor center was closed because of the snow, but we managed to see awesome lights! All in all, it was a really great Christmas season and Christmas. Thanks to everyone who helped us enjoy it and sent us cards!
5 comments:
You guys did a lot in your short time there! And I like your jacket, it's cute! Glad you made it home safe and that your presents were still on your doorstep!
PS...We missed your at our post-Christmas celebration in St.George. But we thought of you! I'll post pictures when I get home (although I haven't been taking a lot of pictures).
Fun pictures, fun time at Christmas -- you and Tim really made it great for all of us -- thanks for coming! (you're invited back ANY TIME!!!!)
SO Fun! Those decorations are pretty amazing. I like your warm gear. Cute. We got a wheat grinder for Christmas, too! Although, it is just a hand-grinder. It's better than nothing. The temple lights were beautiful.
Oh Tanaya, I miss you! Guess what...I am a sub in Sunbeams...and they are looking for a permanent teacher...oh goodness me...what if it becomes me!
Post a Comment