Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mom and Ben's Visit Part III: The Road Trip!

We decided to go for the gold and finish Mom and Ben's trip with a road trip to Philadelphia. We started the day out at Reading Terminal Market for lunch. There were tonz of people and places to eat. It was a little overwhelming, but we settled on smoothies and whoopie pies while Tim got wings.Then we went back in history to see the liberty bell, independence hall, Benjamin Franklin's post office and grave site, and his grandsons printing room.

In the upstairs of the post office, there was a random postal museum. We saw this sign and thought Aubrey might want to use it to find a husband (minus the "not over 18")...And what's a trip to Philly without a visit to the Art Museum. We love looking at art and being cultured. Too bad it was closed!
We finished the night with Philly Cheese Steaks. Always delicious!
Saturday morning we went to Manassas (Bull Run Battlefield) and a visit to my work before the airport. I had a great time being a tourist. Thanks for coming Mom and Ben!

3 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Is it bad that I know that poster was used to advertise for Pony Express riders?!

Amelia Brame said...

I love the ROCKY poses at the top :)

Aubrey said...

Haha, yeah I'll just change that phrase to "Over 25" and it will work perfectly! I don't know any guy that would turn down such great wages!