Happy Halloween!
We were invited by some friends from church to go to a "cabin" (mansion) up Boulder Canyon in Nederland for the weekend. We had an awesome Halloween Party on Friday night. Tim and I couldn't agree on a costume, so we went the cheap route and got sponsored by the local grocery store.
This couple below had my favorite costumes. Emily is a teacher, so she dressed up as a chalkboard and her boyfriend was chalk (although Tim kept saying he looked like a cigarette).
A party isn't complete without a roaring game of Scary Pictionary.
(My word: Twilight Fans)
Our house had an amazing view. Tim was having fun using our panoramic feature:
Beautiful.
The girls: Emily, Jaime, me, Natalie, Krystal (minus Kristin)
Our "cabin:"
Nederland (Note you can see Eldora, the ski resort in the mountains)
The only thing to do in Nederland - Ride the Carousel of Happiness. Tim and I were the only ones besides Jane (the cow pictured above) who rode it. Tim couldn't pass up riding on the donkey carrying barrels of monkeys on it's back (look closely). I chose the dog and bruised my knee on its ear. The bottom left picture is of the Nederland Police Department and Library conveniently located in this mini-mall.

This couple below had my favorite costumes. Emily is a teacher, so she dressed up as a chalkboard and her boyfriend was chalk (although Tim kept saying he looked like a cigarette).(My word: Twilight Fans)
Our house had an amazing view. Tim was having fun using our panoramic feature:
Our "cabin:"
Nederland (Note you can see Eldora, the ski resort in the mountains)
The only thing to do in Nederland - Ride the Carousel of Happiness. Tim and I were the only ones besides Jane (the cow pictured above) who rode it. Tim couldn't pass up riding on the donkey carrying barrels of monkeys on it's back (look closely). I chose the dog and bruised my knee on its ear. The bottom left picture is of the Nederland Police Department and Library conveniently located in this mini-mall.
10 comments:
That cabin is BEAUTIFUL! I love a good mountain getaway. I also really love your costumes. Good job. ;)
That place looks beautiful. Also, I like your sponsored Halloween costumes, they are cute. You should save them for Thanksgiving too.
Why am I not surprised that Tim wanted to ride the carousel? That cabin looks amazing! I guess your costumes could double for thanksgiving apparel too!?
dang I just read Aubrey's comment about Thanksgiving ... I guess I wasn't as original as I thought.
Wow- that is quite the cabin! It's beautiful! Looks like an awesome Halloween- AND I think your costumes are super creative.
Just so everyone knows, we are not dressed up as Indians--we're dressed up like 1st graders dressed as Indians.
Great job on your costumes! Super creative. I love it. And what a beautiful view! It looks like a relaxing way to spend your holiday!
Beautiful view, beautiful "cabin" -- and I think you are onto something with the grocery store sponsored costumes -- maybe you could get them to pay you for advertising!
What a beautiful place! It sounds like a fun weekend!
Funny I don't remember those paper sacks fitting so snugly - the stores must be make smaller bags!
Post a Comment