Thursday, July 14, 2011

Rocky Mountain Recreation

Although we still have many activities on our Do in Colorado List due to school and work, we try to get out when we can. Here are some things we've kept ourselves busy with lately...

Hiking
Tim got me a Boulder Area Hiking Guide for Christmas and we tried it out a few weeks ago with this hike called Mount Sanitas. It said it was a moderate hike that could be up and back or a loop. It turns out that a lot of people don't take the back side of the loop. It is really steep trails with lose dirt and overgrown weeds, so it was kind of scary. It ended up being really hot and Tim was sick, so it ended up being a pretty rough hike.

Here is a cool picture of Boulder we took though:

Swimming
I was at the grocery store one day and the girl at the check out told me about this old pool called Eldorado Springs--it's up in the mountains and fed by spring water. Tim and I decided to try it on my day off. It is hidden on a dirt road up in a little canyon. We felt like we were in Costa Rica again, but we had a pretty view. We really enjoyed the slide!


And Grilling.
Unfortunately, we had to finish our salmon in the oven.
It was raining so hard, I couldn't even open our back door!
Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay that slide looks pretty amazing! I totally want to go there! glad you guys are enjoying everything Boulder has to offer ... perfect for you two out doors peeps!

Michelle said...

I'm glad you survived your hiking adventure and I hope that Tim is feeling better! That slide looks pretty incredible, and the pic of Tim shooting off at the bottom is awesome. I wish we lived closer so we could enjoy your adventures with you!