Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Denver Oyster Adventures!

Last Saturday, 2 friends from work and I were on a team for the Denver Oyster Adventure Race! The race involves running and biking to destinations to do secret tasks. The tasks are unknown ahead of time. Here is a taste of our adventure:
First stop: Taking pictures of things (from a bridge, in yoga poses, eating a donut, etc)
2nd Stop: Doing a puzzle to figure out the Chipotle location (across Denver) to guess the names and ingredients of salsas.
Stop 2B: Tossing this ginormous fish-YUCK! I ran away from it the first time it came hurdling through the air at me. Monica and Cassi were more brave than me.
Above: Monica, Below: Cassi
Stop 3: To Coors Field for some more puzzle searching/solving and on to the roof of a local bar for some lemonade vodka and fingerpainting
(I did the fingerpainting while they drank the vodka)
Stop 4: Colorado Athletic Club for some swimming. By now it was getting hot. We took a break while climbing stairs on the way back.
Stops 5 and 6 involved Biking to other restaurants in town to learn how to square dance and do a little movie clip trivia.

Our final task was an obstacle course in the parking lot of the Pepsi Center. Cassie and Monica volunteered to jump in the dumpsters
I walked on keg-stilts
And we finished in 4 hours, 40 minutes. What a day!

Here are our actual distances:
Passport 1 - Hoardenger - Foot, .5 miles
Passport 2 - Chipotle/Whole Foods - Bike, 10.6 miles
Passport 3 - Coors Field & Sports Column - Foot, 3.4 miles
Passport 4 - Colorado Athletic Club - Foot, 2.7 miles
Passport 5 - Stoney's Bar & Grill - Bike, 5 miles
Passport 6 - Highland Tap and Burger - Bike, 2.1 miles
Passport 7 - Pepsi Center - Foot, 1.7 miles

Total Bike - 17.7 miles
Total Foot - 8.3 miles
Total Fun - Immeasurable!

I've been doing a lot of active things with co-workers. We also participated in the Step Up for Cancer. We had to go up and down stairs of a soccer stadium. It was tough!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

I like your bright "team" shirts!! And I am still laughing about the fish toss -- it's even funnier now that I see the photos!

Rachel Ashmore said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Michelle said...

What a cool race! You are in incredible shape.

Sarah said...

THis looks like so much fun. I might even be athletic if it was this much fun! glad you girls had a fun day! :)

Aubrey said...

That sounds like a fun (but exhausting) race!

Adkins Family said...

That is so fun! I've never heard of anything like that. It looks like a fun way to get exercise and hang out with other exercise nerds!

Linz said...

Are you wearing a running skirt? Haha. I think Ida would have mocked you back in high school if you dared to be so trendy. You look great though. I wish I was there to do it with you.