Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Week

Wednesday morning I woke up to this...And this...
I was so GLAD to be working at home!

Here is our house a few days later, ready for Halloween
The past two years, a group of friends from church have rented a house in the mountains for "Vampire Weekend." This year we went to Estes Park. Tim and I worked late on Friday, so we didn't make it up there until Saturday afternoon (due to a detour of going to Chick Fil A for FREE breakfast for customer appreciation), but I enjoyed my time there by snowshoeing up to this view from the house:
With Kristin Woods
While Tim played paintball with the boys (sorry, no pictures).

We also carved some excellent pumpkins. Here's Jaime trying to look like hers (Jaime is the one with glasses)
Kristin and Nate carved some cute ghosts
Ours is the Grim Reaper-scary.
Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

That is so cool that you're buds with the Woods... I keep telling Jon that we need to make a visit to Colorado and visit you all... but if Jon sees these snowy pics- I don't think I'll be able to convince him ;)

Michelle said...

Your house is decorated so cute! It's always fun to see what you guys are up to . . . it looks like you are keeping busy with fun things.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Were you 'dreaming of a White Halloween'?? Looks like a fun time in the mountains, though.

Scott said...

I thought about calling you guys to tease you about the snow. Then we got 2 inches on Saturday. Most of ours has already melted though so I can start denying it ever happened.

Sarah said...

I can't believe all the snow ... I hope the cute little trick-or-treaters don't freeze! Looks like so much fun with your friends!

The chick fil a detour is probably the funniest thing I've hear all weekend!

*Aliese* said...

Pretty snow! I must admit, I am completely jealous.

Aubrey said...

I'd be glad to be working from home in that weather too! "Vampire Weekend" looks like it was a fun getaway!

Taunya said...

The snow reminds me of trick or treating in Boulder, we had snow like this storm several years in a row!