My family has had our Thanksgiving trip to Disneyland planned since last Thanksgiving. We enjoyed 3 days "hopping" between Disneyland and California Adventure. These are a few of my favorite pictures:
Excited to start our adventures:
The kids started out on the Tea Cups. Tim and Kristen took the boys and Tommy took the girls because everyone related by blood in the Lotz family couldn't handle the spinning. I'm so glad I didn't go. Those boys were spinning like crazy!

I couldn't bear not to have a thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving, so I called a few days ahead of time to make reservations somewhere near the vicinity of the park. Luckily, due to a cancellation while on the phone, we got reservations at the ESPN Zone. The boys were happy. I ordered a delicious traditional thanksgiving dinner while Tim was happy with a burger.
It was about the only place Hailey got to be free from being held or in the stroller and she had a blast.

I went early for a "Magic Hour" (we got into the park an hour early) with dad and Mindy's family. It was about the only time the Matterhorn didn't have a line, but Mindy and I didn't get to go because expectant mothers weren't allowed.

The kids absolutely LOVED the Disney Junior Show where actual puppets came out and told stories like in the shows. They got to see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Little Einsteins.
The girls were so good all three days. Jonas and Will could be quite the stinkers.
Tim, my Dad, and I went to look at Mickey's house while the kids were on a ride and had no idea we were getting in line to see the big guy!
Every night, they lit up the castle for Christmas and made it snow on some of the streets!
The last day we all went on Splash Mountain and made the kids sit in the front seats. Poor Will went twice sitting in two different seats and got soaked both times! What good sports.
Kate and Jonas dressed up for the last day at Disneyland. I have to admit I was about as excited for her to dress up as she was. Her dress is so cute. Unfortunately, the line to meet Rapunzel was over 90 minutes, but we ran into Ariel after not too long!
Between being pregnant and having this little stinker, poor Mindy didn't get to go on many rides, but Henry sure enjoyed the ones he did get to go on.
While the "big kids" were doing the first round of Splash Mountain, Mindy and I took Hailey and Henry to Winnie the Pooh. It was just as much of a hit with these kids.
Although we had a blast at Disneyland, it was CROWDED. I got tired of so many people everywhere, so Tim and I took off to California Adventure for the last evening. It was a little less crowded and had much more open sidewalks. I could breathe again.
Will finished the night like we all wanted to. Notice the sword he is clutching while asleep in Tim's arms:
We were sad Ben and Kaitlyn couldn't make it, and missed my mom, who planned the whole thing, but overall it was a FANTASTIC trip!
4 comments:
We both had Disney Thanksgivings :) Looks like you guys had fun!
Glad to hear you guys had so much fun! That's the perfect age for the "big" girls to get to experience Disney!
Can't decide which photo I like better, the one with you two wearing "bug eye" glasses, or the stylin' 3-D glasses? What a cute bunch -- glad you all had a great time.
Nice castles. Was all safe?
Post a Comment