Tim and I had been wanting to go to "The Springs" (Colorado Springs) for a while. Yesterday was a nice day and we decided last minute to go check things out. We didn't have a lot of time, and I preferred we do something besides a hike, so we went to the cute town just west of Colorado Springs called Manitou Springs.

We walked around some cute and interesting shops then found a cool arcade with all kinds of games. Tim and I played some shooting and skee-ball then bought a total of one piece of bubble gum and one "Frootie" candy with our tickets. Tim did well stomping spiders (see below).
We learned why the city is called Manitou "Springs" when we found a few natural springs throughout our walk. We enjoyed tasting them.
We also drove through the "Garden of the Gods" (twice, due to one way roads and poor signage) and got a good view of Pikes Peak. I would have taken more pictures, but it was too dark. The Garden of the Gods is a park with beautiful red rocks and short hiking trails. We'll have to go back to spend more time there.
On the way out, we found a Rudy's BBQ gas station/restaurant and had dinner. Tim was super excited, because we only thought you could get Rudy's delicious brisket in Texas.
We had the day off on Monday for MLK, so we took our snow shoes back up into the mountains with some friends from work. Someone made this awesome igloo. Tim went inside and said it could fit 6 people!
8 comments:
WHAT!? Tanaya, you are pregnant!! I had no idea! Congratulations to you and Tim. I am so excited for you! :)
You look so pretty Tanaya! You are over halfway there - wahoo! You guys always do such fun things. That igloo is amazing!
I checked and there is only one Rudy's in Colorado, and you FOUND it! But I am sad that now there is one less reason for you to come visit us in Tejas. Love the igloo, too!
You look so cute! April 28th was Chloe's due date... but she showed her stubborn streak early and held her ground until she was evicted on May 4th. I need to send her to come visit you for a weekend... She keeps complaining that we never have snow for her to play in, and she is right.
Wow you look so great Tanaya!! So excited for you
You realize if little Tim is born on my birthday I will have to corrupt him worse than a normal nephew.
You do look so pretty. I don't think I've ever seen your hair curled very much, I like it! And your belly is so cute, it is still pretty small too! Can't wait to meet our little nephew!
Wow, that looks like quite the snow shoeing adventure! I want to come and snow shoe sometime...
Post a Comment