Sunday, April 8, 2012

Peeps Show 2012

I love Easter! It is a time my entire extended family from my mom's side gets together in St. George to visit and eat. Unfortunately, Tim and I weren't able to make it this year due to me not wanting to drive/go into labor on a 10 hour drive, so I brought some of the tradition to my Colorado friends. We got together on Saturday for a potluck picnic (which held up the tradition of LOTS of food) at a park.

When we lived in Washington DC, we always enjoyed seeing the Peeps Dioramas in the Washington Post around Easter. I took the idea to my family last year, and wanted to do it again this year. It started getting chili at the park, so we headed to the Newson's to make Peep's Dioramas. The creativity did not disappoint. Feel free to cast your votes in our comments:

1. Forsyths: Peeps Toxic Plant
2. Olsens: Better Off Dead
3. Pauls: Ra"peep"zel
4. Myers: The "Peep" Games (notice Peeta in the green swamp)
(...and the mocking jay symbol of The Hunger Games:)5. Thevenins: Avengers are coming to kick your Peeping Peeps
6. Newsons: Hanging out with our "Peeps" 2011
It is our group of friends with comments to destinguish us and the scene is the Thevs' apt.
Me and Tim (yoga mat and big economic equation)7. Larsens: "Peeping" over the Royal Gorge
(we commemorated our trip from two weeks ago)
Ok, so we cheated by bringing real props like the train.
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

I don't think bringing great props is cheating -- that's part of the creative process! Everyone did a great job -- FUN, FUN!!!

Aubrey said...

I'm impressed by the creativity all around. How fun!

I think you should frame the picture of your's and Tim's peep-likenesses. Hahah.

Adkins Family said...

So many cute ideas! I love them all!