Tuesday, May 22, 2012

1 Month

This little guy is growing like a weed. Last week he turned one month old and we found out at the doctor's office that he has almost DOUBLED in size since birth.  Here are his statistics:
Birth: Weight: 5lbs, 13 oz
Height 18 3/4"
2 Weeks: Weight: 6lbs 15oz
Height 19 3/4"
1 Month: Weight 9lbs!
Height: 21"
We call Ty "Chompers" because he acts like a little pac man -aimlessly opening and closing his mouth if anything comes close. He chomps on his clothes when we pull them over his head and towels after we bathe him, but not only that, he will bite down then shake his head from side to side like a little puppy. We have found two hickeys on his arm from sucking. See below.
Ty also LOVES the outdoors. My good friend Lauren sent me a Boba wrap so I can "wear" him.  I put him in it to go on walks and he just looks around until he falls asleep. When he is fussy, we take him out on the back porch and he calms right down.
 
He is also starting to enjoy taking baths, but I think it is because once I take him out, I lay him down next to a space heater so he can warm up. The other day, Tim put him down after his bath, and by the time I got there, I found him sticking his feet up by the heater like in the picture below. It was so funny!
 
 The doctor has also been impressed by his neck strength. This is because Ty is not a cuddly baby. He is always fighting against us if we try to hold him close (unless he is falling asleep). He also likes to have his arms free so he can spread them out as far as they go. There is no successful swaddle for this guy. 
Nevertheless, we love him like crazy.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

He is so cute! Hailey did the same thing that Ty does, she'd chomp and then shake her little head back and forth. It's so cute! I can't believe he gave himself a hickey. That's adorable. Kate loved the little heater (we had the exact same one as you) and spent the first 4 months of her life in front of the heater. We miss you guys, I can't believe Ty is already a month old.

Aubrey said...

Phew, I was about to email you guys to ask if my nephew is still cute, because I hadn't seen any recent evidence. Good news, the verdict is that he is still really super cute!

Michelle said...

His foot warming tactics are hilarious. Too cute! That's crazy that you can already tell that he's not a cuddly baby! Tough kid! I love the updates.