Thursday, August 1, 2013

15 Months

Ty's (Better Late than Never) Stats:
Height: 31.5 inches; 72%
Weight: 20.5 pounds: 18%
At 15 months, Ty is now walking like crazy (finally!). He can also wave, point, pick things up off of the ground while standing, and pick his nose or plug his ears. New words include "na na" (banana), "ca" (car, truck, train, etc), "tuk" (truck, train, etc), and "uh-oh" (something fell to the floor). Ty still loves eating fruit, but is picky about other foods. Somedays, he loves cheese or chicken and other days he scoffs in disgust at them. He is a good sleeper sleeping around 11 hours at night and taking 1.5-2 hour naps. His favorite toys are balls, cars, and magnets, although his magnet supply is slowly diminishing due to him putting them in the garbage. Ty still loves Elmo and Sesame Street, and he smiles and "dances" when any songs come on. 
Ty is also figuring out his personality.  He is learning to throw tantrums and occasionally bangs his head on purpose to get attention. He has decided he hates baths and recently wouldn't even sit down, but stood in the tub naked, holding on to me and screaming while I sponged him down.
I think Ty takes after his dad in the sense of humor department. He is a funny guy. When he is in a good mood, Ty will just start chatting away and laughing at himself. He loves to play peek-a-boo, especially if we do it behind a door he can knock on.  If there is a group of people around laughing, Ty joins in and thinks it is funny too. This evening, he was walking around the house talking loudly like he owned the place, so I started chasing him saying, "I'm going to get you!" and Ty kept trying to run away, but when I touched him he would scream in laughter. My favorite is when we whisper to him and he starts to whisper back to us. 
Ty is the most handsome, smiley, cutest, stinkerest guy I know and I just can't get enough of him.

2 comments:

Adkins Family said...

He is a tall, skinny guy! And so cute!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

I don't know, but I think pretty much everything Ty does is cute or entertaining! (maybe it's just me?)