Thursday, August 22, 2013

Girls Camp 2013!

I was called as the Camp Director for my church this summer. Usually, it is all the girls ages 12-18, but this year, it was only the 12-13 year old girls because the older girls participate in Trek (a Mormon Pioneer re-enactment, not anything having to do with Star Trek). You would think that living in Colorado, we could find a nice place to camp nearby, but we had to go all the way up to the middle of nowhere, Wyoming. It was always nice and sunny in the mornings, but cold, windy, and rainy by the afternoons. It hailed once and one night, I could see my breath in my tent before bed because it was so cold! Despite the crazy weather, it was fun!
Below: I'm the one in purple
 Shooting practice:
 The girls showing off their targets:
 This platform is part of a low ropes course. It is on a pole in the middle and you are supposed to balance it. The girls spent at least 90% of their free time on it.
 It was too cold to swim, but the canoes were fun:
 Archery was popular thanks to the Hunger Games:

1 comment:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

I know the girls loved having you as their leader! Glad you survived the cold and stormy weather.