Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Quick Family Visit

A few months back, I wanted to take a trip to Utah to visit family, but I knew Tim couldn't come. I didn't feel comfortable driving by myself, so I shot an email out to friends to see if anyone wanted to join me. My friend Meghan and her two girls came with us for the drive. The kids were great on our long trip, and Ty and Taylee enjoyed riding together!
Ty was a big helper with washing windows
 Ben and Kaitlyn came up from St. George for the weekend.
Ty had a blast with Grandpa Tom, Grandma Sheila, and other family. Because Kaitlyn was such a great sport to come being 8+months pregnant, we threw her a family baby shower. Aunt Marge, Todd, Grandma Dot, and Grandpa Mel came down to visit. The girls had a great time at the baby shower (that I didn't take any other pictures of), and the boys all went to the Children's Museum at Thanksgiving Point.
 
 Ty and Grandpa Mel

 Firehouse Subs was a hit with Ty for lunch.
 By the time he had finished at the museum and had lunch, Ty fell asleep in my arms still in the restaurant. He slept as we drove home and put him in bed. A few hours later as we were on our way up the the canyon and Ty was awake enough to talk, his first words were, "That was a cool firehouse!"

  It was a beautiful time to be up in the American Fork Canyon.  Ty sure had fun with Aunt Kristen and his cousins!
 Hot dogs for dinner!
 Grandpa's new truck was super fun to play in.
 I was there on Sunday, but caught a stomach bug and was in bed most of the day :( Luckily, I felt well enough to drive home as planned on Monday. We had a great time!

1 comment:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Such fun times with family. Glad you could make that trip!