After our Smoke-House fiasco, we found a cute house in the same area. We live in a huge condo/townhouse development called River Plantation. Our house is ALL hardwood floors (which I don't like in the bedrooms) and all one story (which I LOVE). It has storage and a covered carport in back. There is also a pool just outside our door, which is great.
A huge adjustment we are getting used to is lack of "walkability," which Louisville always received high marks for. The South in general just doesn't have sidewalks in many areas. Luckily, we live near the Harpeth River Greenway that has quite a bit of scenery for being so close to the city. The best part is that it starts in a huge park called Edwin Warner Park with miles of trails for driving and hiking plus a Nature Center we've already visited a few times. Here are some pictures from the greenway:
Even this cute turtle below (the trail follows the river, so it's close to water).
First item on our list after moving in was to get a rug. We rushed to several stores and then back to our first store...the Home Depot, to get this fuzzy cute rug. Ty likes it.
Our living room mid-move in:
...and after a little decorating, though I'm still working on some yellow throw pillows for the couch. We also have some cute yellow and white curtains behind the couch.
I thought it would be a good idea to paint this coffee table we've had forever. I did not love the DIY project and am just glad it's done. Hallelujah.
A closer look:
Tim's graduation gift to himself is this inflatable kayak. As stated earlier, we live by the Harpeth River, so it's been fun!
We really haven't done much in Downtown Nashville yet, but we did drive down Broadway and catch a glimpse of all the crazy bars.
So I guess we live in Nashville now. Time to get our country music on.

No comments:
Post a Comment