Friday, October 9, 2015

September Adventures

 Phone finally plugged into the computer=picture purge.
 We love the Warner Park Nature Center. This month, they did a "Story Walk" where you walk around a short trail to read the story and see the pictures. It was a cute idea.
 
 We caught the Tennessee State Fair. Though it wasn't as exciting as I had hoped, Ty managed to have a blast.
 In a Family History class at BYU, I discovered there was a "famous" Lotz House in the little town of Franklin Tennessee. I wasn't related to these Lotz's (at least not closely), but I thought it was a neat connection, as Lotz isn't a common name in Utah. Eighteen months later while travelling to Atlanta for my internship, we took a quick stop to see it. There was a sign, but the house was a law office. A year after that, also while travelling cross country (this time from Salt Lake to Washington DC), our car broke down in Franklin. Fast forward seven years and here we are again, this time as locals. The house is now a Civil War Museum, because the house was used as a hospital after the bloody battle of Franklin. The tour was pretty interesting. Mr. Lotz was a wood carver who immigrated from Germany. The battle caused a lot of damage to the house, and after the war, he received threats, so he migrated to California. His daughter Matilda, who was only six during the battle, became a quite famous painter!
 
More Lucy pictures...
Lucy's first time sitting up in a shopping cart!
On pretty much the last day the pools were open, I found out she does like to swim...
 She is just too cute in this swimsuit from Grandma Diney.
 
Two teeth!
 A less than exciting Sunday School...
 Sporting a new do...

No comments: