After a LOT of work from a LOT of people, we have a place to live once we get to DC. It's called Fairfield Crossing, and it might be kind of old, but I feel so much better having this elephant out of our way. Here's my story...Tim was in charge of finding an apartment this time and has been looking for a few weeks. We found some places we liked, but none had availability. He eventually called Fairfield Crossing and they had a one bedroom opening up August 1st which is actually priced at a deal at the time. Tim told the leasing agent we were interested, and the agent sent Tim an application to fill out and overnight with the deposit check. The application took a little work to get all of our information, and some things happened and we ended up mailing a day late priority rather than overnight. I called the leasing agent the morning after it was mailed to tell him our situation, but he told me someone else was interested and whoever got the information to him first would get the apartment. I went into panic mode and woke Tim up (it was still only about 8 am). We discussed our options, so he called Scott (his brother who lives there) to see if he could write a temporary deposit and take it over during his lunch break, but Scott didn't have a checkbook, so Tim called his mom and found out Scott could get a cashier's check from his bank, called Scott back, etc., etc. In the mean time, I printed and filled out another application (those things have to have a lot of information on them), then we drove to a copy center, which ended up being closed at 9:30 am, so we drove somewhere else, and faxed our information, while Scott made a few errands on his lunch break so we could get the apartment. The agent ended up understanding our situation, and he was really helpful. He has to go to extra work because we require a co-signer due to the fact that we don't have jobs yet, so it's been a lot of work to get this apartment, but I am so glad! We really appreciate Tim's family and their help so we could get this apartment. I think it will a good place to live. At least it has a dishwasher!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you found a place!
Yay! I am excited to have you guys live near me again!
Oh, my goodness! that sounds like such a crazy ordeal ... i'm glad it all worked out though. I wish we could have had the baby while you were still here, but he's being stubborn and wants to stay inside :)
It sounds like you've been through QUITE the run-around; I'm glad that you finally have a place to live!
Post a Comment