Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 2 Downtown

Last Monday I got off work a little early, so we decided to go see some more sights for the evening. We went to the Mall and saw the WWII memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and just as the sun was setting, the Washington Monument with a beautiful pink glow (from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial). It really is cool being able to go down there so easily!The top left picture is the Lincoln monument from the view of the WWII memorial. At the memorial, there were two walls with a bunch of bronzed scenes from different parts of the war. It was really cool.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks like so much fun. Someday I hope we will have enough money to come out and visit you guys and see all that cool stuff! But until then... we'll settle for seeing you in St. George in a couple of weeks. We are all really excited! We've been missing having you guys up here pretty bad.

Joy Carlton said...

That is so fun that you can go over there and enjoy the sights in the evening. Looks like you are having so much fun. We hope that we can get out there sometime.

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I'm so jealous! I really want to see the WWII Memorial :) Chelsea's high school orchestra played at the dedication so she and my mom got to go!