Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great Thanksgiving this year with just myself, Tim, and Aubrey (Tim's sister). We started out with a Turkey Trot downtown, then made our own feast. I have to say we did a pretty good job on the Turkey for our first time.
The final product of our apple picking adventure. A pie entirely from scratch. Some of you know I want to have my own bakery someday, and this bakery will have pie.
Aubrey and me running across the National Mall
If you look close, you can see the Washington Monument behind us!
The next day at work, a guy who knew I was running said he thought he and his wife both saw me on the news. I saw a camera when I was running, so I smiled at it, and we'll just assume I am famous now.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my gosh you are famous!!!

Also, if you look closely behind you guys, you will see a really cool guy who was constantly doing arm stretches everytime I tried to take a picture (an added bonus to the Wash. monument)...heheh

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I knew you'd be famous some day! I'm glad you guys had a fun thanksgiving together! I'll definitely come to your bakery and Nick will for sure eat your pie!

for some reason the idea of Aubrey running with you makes me laugh ... in a good way!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Wow, you made it on TV news, and for something good, not criminal -- glad you smiled for the camera! The Feast looks like it was wonderful!

Adkins Family said...

You had such a cute little Thanksgiving! Your pie looks awesome! I don't know that you can make a pie healthy enough to fit in at your bakery though.

Jenn said...

Tanaya! I got your post last week and have just been crazy busy with the holidays and travel. I love your blog and I love that you would reach out. I think I should come on over to your neck of the woods and we could go for a run together! Hope all is well!
Love,
Jenn (Darren's wife)