Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cafe Rio in Virginia

One thing I really miss living in the east is any good Mexican food...especially Cafe Rio. When I first moved here I started making and rolling out my own tortillas. For Christmas, Tim got me a tortilla press and found some homemade Cafe Rio recipes which we tried out last weekend. They just aren't the same, but everything did turn out pretty delicious!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

mmm looks delish. If you need good Mexican food on the East Coast, you can just get Tim to drive you down to Las Palmas in Georgia...hehehe

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about Cafe Rio... it is addicting. My Bro-in-law manages one, and will not share the secrets... believe me, I try. We've been rolling our own tortillas too, and LOVE them. So much better than store bought. Are you all going to the Bywater reunion this summer in California? We hope we'll get to see you!

Michelle said...

Wow! That looks yummy! I'm impressed. I've never tried rolling out my own tortillas. That sounds hard.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Your Virginia-Mex food looks yum!

Jenn said...

Tanaya...you've got to learn how to make the dessert they have there. Tres Leche?? Then send me the recipe! Hugs to you both. Love, Jenn