Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Celebrations

It's been a while since I've posted, but we celebrated a lot for Christmas this year...
The Larsen siblings (and spouses) had a Fondue party and gift exchange!

Tim got a nice work shirt for when he has to wear big kids clothes, and I got some nice kitchen stuff.
We also had to go see the temple lights. The DC temple is actually pretty well know for their Christmas lights and programs. They have some type of program in their visitor center every night of December. We got to see piano player Marvin Goldstein. It was really neat!
They also had nativities from all around the world.

At home, we had our own celebration and opened some gifts we couldn't take on a plane. Our favorite gift is a new TV thanks to both sets of parents :)
And my favorite: Christmas in St. George! We almost didn't make it with all the airline problems, but it made me enjoy it even more once I was there. We had a great time playing Wii and making a gingerbread/graham cracker house, but I mostly just enjoyed time with the nieces and nephews! We got Kate and Makayla hair glitter for Christmas, and the top picture in the collage is of Kate putting some in Tim's hair...so pretty!

Before leaving, we visited the Dinosaur track museum. For those of you who haven't been there, a land developing company found raised prints when turning over some large rocks in deep soil. What happened is that when dinosaurs stepped in the sand, their prints were filled in with water and sand that hardened, so it is like a mold of their feet. They are really helpful for paleontologists, and St. George is now a cool place for them.

5 comments:

Joy Carlton said...

Looks like you had a nice Christmas! I am glad that you were able to make it out to see your family. The Washington D.C. temple looks beautiful with all the lights they put up.

Aubrey said...

That Gingerbread train is too cute!!!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

What wonderful memories of this holiday season! Some day you might even laugh about the joys of flying at Christmas when the weather is bad!

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I'm just curious if Scott was serious about his Hawaiian shirt? It looks like you guys had tons of fun in St. George. Let us know when you are coming out here because we'd love to see you!!! and so would Seth!! :)

Michelle said...

It was wonderful to see you over Christmas! I enjoy all of your pics. Makayla is getting old fast! Does Mindy have 3 kids now? You two are always exploring fun new things. I love reading your blog updates. I'm excited to see you at Lindsay's wedding; I hope that your travels go smoothly.