Monday, August 24, 2009

Our First Experience as Parents...

Tim and I had been wanting to go to the National Zoo since we moved here, but Zoo's are so much more fun with kids (we thought) and we don't have any. His home teaching companion needed a babysitter one Saturday, so we offered to take their two cute children to the Zoo. It all started out well until our Zoo time cut into nap time. We knew it. It was our own fault. Little Joe-Joe stopped having fun and threw a couple of tantrums in the middle of everyone on about the hottest day of the year. Luckily, we made it to see the main attraction, the elephants, and Sadie was an angel the entire time. All I can say now is that I'm glad parents get the chance to build up to the toddler tantrums. ...I have a lot of building to do.

7 comments:

Larzipan said...

don't get discouraged! When they first come they just sleep and eat and you can just sit and stare at them all day... it's only later that they start tantrums... but by then you love them too much to really get upset :)

Tim Larsen said...

I had fun at the zoo--I don't know what you're whining about.

IdaJohn said...

You guys are animals! I'm so excited to live so close. We'll definitely be coming to DC sometime!

Adkins Family said...

If you lived closer, I would give you parent experiences all the time! Come visit us!

Amelia Brame said...

Yeah I'm just gonna stick with pet fish for my whole life ;)

Dara and Ryan said...

The zoo is so fun. and it's free!!

Shannon said...

How cute. It's a lot easier to borrow kids, than take your own around. =)
I can't believe how big little Joe is getting.