Sunday, September 27, 2009

Funny Things in Life

I haven't been posting as much lately, mostly because we haven't been doing much. I have been volunteering for all of the extra work hours I can, so I've been able to help at health screenings, 5K, and performing site inspections in the past few weeks which means other than our Utah trip, Tim and I haven't been too adventurous. We still love teaching our Sunbeam class at church. Today was an especially funny day, so I decided to start writing the funny things down to share.

I do have to mention that our ward is unique in that we have an apartment complex that houses employees of the Department of State (I've learned that this means they are the ambassadors, etc. in embassies of other countries). We constantly have kids moving in and out while their parents are between assignments. So far this year, we've had kids move to Egypt (a boy named Moses moved there, ha!ha!), Vietnam, somewhere in South America, and most recently Uzbekistan. Only three of our sunbeams have stayed consistent (and two are twins...guess which two) although we've always had at least six.
  • A new girl (not pictured) moved in last week and was sitting in primary playing with a little hole in her tights when she ripped them completely apart. It was like she had a sock and separate leggings. She was on the end of the row, so I didn't see her until a teacher from the other sunbeam class motioned to me that she was crying. I had to take her out and we decided to discard of the entire thing. She had a new pair of tights this week.
  • Today in primary the song leader (who was actually Michelle Prince!) was having a boy choose a picture of an apostle to see what song was on the back. The boy was taking a long time, so Michelle just picked one he was looking at and he said, "but he looks weird!"
  • A while back we were learning about preparing to go to the temple and the teacher asked for some ways we can prepare. A boy raised his hand and very excitedly said, "we can pack our own suitcase!" Yep. That's right!
  • Today we were having the kids choose some situations from cards I was holding out. One of our girls got up to pick one and Tim said, "Pick a winner." She very carefully chose one and then got a big frown on her face and said, "Did I pick a loser?"
Thats just a few, but I'll keep writing the funny things down!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

SO fun! I'm so glad that you did this post! Those kids ARE darling. Was it Isabel that had the hole in her tights? She is a doll. My favorite is the "pack your own suitcase" story. He he. Yes, you should definitely keep these posts coming. :)