Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Sweetest Place on Earth

You guessed it! We took a quick trip up to Hershey, PA last Friday. We ran a half marathon on Saturday in Lancaster, so we decided to make a trip of it.
Look closely at the street lamps...they're chocolate kiss shaped! Note the brown background to the picture in celebration of chocolate. Just like my shirt!
We started out at a new museum called the Hershey Story where we attended the "Chocolate Lab." In the lab we made mini candy bars and learned about chocolate origins and how the Mayans made warm drinks with the cacao. The ancient hot chocolate was a popular drink and before weddings, the women would try to create a lot of froth. They said the better the froth a woman could make, the better a wife she would be. The bottom middle picture was of me making froth to be a good wife.

We headed to Hershey's Chocolate World next for a factory tour (which we did twice) where the cows taught us it is "all about the milk" We finished with some yummy shopping!


Next stop...Amish Country!

7 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

So fun! I wanna live IN the factory and eat chocolate all day... :)

*Aliese* said...

Oh, I LOVE Hershey, PA! When I worked at Camp Lohikan, we went there with the kids and I loved it. The street lamps were always my favorite part.

Michelle said...

What a fun trip! You did a great job at recording it. I love your collages. I'm sure that Tim appreciated your good chocolate-making skills. :)

Adkins Family said...

I am so jealous! You should have sent me a souvenir! (An edible one)

Shannon said...

Looks like you had a blast. Hershey was a fun place to visit!

Aubrey said...

That looks like fun, I want to go to the chocolate lab!

Jessica said...

How fun! Eric and I should travel back east next trip!