Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turkeys and Trees

Happy Thanksgiving! The Larsen's celebrated (with 4,500 of our closest friends) by running the turkey trot in DC. Aubrey, Tim and I did it last year and we invited Scott, and Tim's Mom and Dad to come along too!
Tim and me after the race. Behind us, you can see the start line. I have been bad at taking my camera places, so I didn't get any pictures of our fun times at the feast, but it was delicious!

I have a list of four things to do in DC this Christmas. #1. See the train at Union Station. It is put up by the Norwegian embassy. It was funny because the trains were hand carved and it's on this big track with mountains and trees all to scale, but then there were giant trolls in the "scene." We all wondered why. Union station was cool anyway. I'd never been there. I also would have taken a picture of the huge pretty wreathes outside, but it was slushing (my word meaning a very wet, cold and windy snow that turned to dirty slush on the ground). I didn't want to be in it any longer than I had to.
The giant tree with Norwegian and American Flags symbolizing our countries' friendship.
#2 on my list: Old Town Alexandria. We went, but again, I forgot my camera :( It was set up so cute though!

2 comments:

IdaJohn said...

I can't wait to hear what #3 & 4 on your DC list are. We'll have to come see you guys sometime.

jrl said...

I want to see #3 and 4 also! What are they?