#3 on my list of Christmas things to do in DC: Christmas at MOUNT VERNON. I had heard they put lots of christmas trees up at Mount Vernon in December, so I really wanted to go. I left early from work one Friday and Tim and I ventured to old George Washington's home. They said they decorated the house as if it were Christmas in the 1700's which, unfortunately, meant NO CHRISTMAS TREES :( As it turns out, the trees are in the visitor center and museum. I guess that was fun too, but my favorite part was the detailed GINGERBREAD house of Mt. Vernon! It was created by a former white house pastry chef and was so awesome!
The Gingerbread replica:
The DC Larsens also got together for a Pre-Christmas party/progressive dinner. We wanted to celebrate Christmas with everyone because Scott, DeAnne, and the bun in the oven can't fly to Texas. We drove to all four residences to see everyone's decorations and eat lot of delicious food!
Last of all, I got another SNOW DAY! I was supposed to work this Saturday, but got the day off due to the biggest pre-christmas storm in 70 years! Tim and I ran around and played in it a little bit, but we didn't get very far on our snow angels because it was so deep! ...And guess what? NO CHURCH TOMORROW! Not that I'm that happy to miss church, but the truth is that we were supposed to sing in the choir and we were NOT ready. It's quite a relief!
The Gingerbread replica:
The DC Larsens also got together for a Pre-Christmas party/progressive dinner. We wanted to celebrate Christmas with everyone because Scott, DeAnne, and the bun in the oven can't fly to Texas. We drove to all four residences to see everyone's decorations and eat lot of delicious food!
6 comments:
That snow storm looks so amazingly fun! I'm pretty much jealous at this point.
I can't believe you got out of both work and church because of the snow! I'm a little jealous. I never get out of work and church because of the heat... Have fun playing in the snow. Good luck getting to TX!
Look at all that snow! Wow! You guys are going to Texas for Christmas? But we're not there! :(
Is that a REAL camel? How totally awesome is that???
Wow, that snow was DEEP! I'm glad we missed it. "bun in the oven" . . . he he! Funny.
That gingerbread Mt Vernon IS pretty impressive! I'll have to go next year!
Great to see you guys. You look wonderful. did you hear I fell on the ice and broke my leg in 2 places? I have a rod and lots of hardware that is there 2 stay. I fell late at night and Doyle wasnt home so I had to crawl in myself and call 911. Then I didnt wake up from anesthesia and had to go to intensive care on a ventilator. We have a new Bijon, Monty and he ate a spool of quilting thread and had surgery last night. We are both in a purple haze. Glad you are doing so well. Burrolas baby is a beauty. Her name is Sophia and she looks just like him. Bradshaws have their baby dressed to the max and she looks like a model. Great seeing you and hearing about your life, Diane and Doyle
Post a Comment