Monday, March 29, 2010

Cherry Blossoms+Kites=Pretty

We have been pretty busy these last few weeks, but since the weather has been getting warmer, I have really been wanting to go run downtown. I decided this Saturday would be perfect since it is the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival and the Smithsonian Kite Festival. We went down a little early to get parking, and it was a little cooler than expected, so this is just the beginning of the kite festival, but it was still really cool!


We took a detour on our run to (finally) see the FDR Memorial. We also have a new foster dog, a fox terrier I named Roxy. Tim is walking her in this picture.
And last week, my friend Amelia and her husband drove here from Houston for their spring break. We had a great time with them and Michelle and Brian (who are in our ward). We have all been friends since middle school!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I bet your experience with the festivals was much more refreshing and relaxing than ours (we were jammed in with the other thousands) - way to beat the crowds! And congrats on Roxy!

Sarah said...

Oh fun! I can't tell you enough how jealous I am of all your fun adventures!

Let us know when you have a grad schools picked out. We're thinking about heading back east, but hear you guys might be heading out west!!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

The kites look so colorful and fun -- that would be fun to see "live".