Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hailey, Henry, and Buddy the Elf

It's been a big week for the Lotz family! We'd first like to welcome Henry Thomas Adkins. Born Thursday, April 29th to Mindy and Thomas Adkins. Two days later, his cousin Hailey Jean Lotz came as a surprise on May 1, 2010! Hailey is still in the NICU, but she's doing pretty well. She was six weeks early. Born to TJ and Kristen Lotz.


I hope they don't mind that I stole these pictures from their blogs, but I won't be able to visit them for a while, especially because they are in two separate states and both across the country from me. :( I am very grateful for technology right now!

Saturday, April 24th my cute little Roxy dog got adopted by a sweet couple from Baltimore. I was really regretting not just adopting her, and I was really missing her this week, so when I got an email that HART (homeless animal rescue team) had a new dog that looks like Roxy, I immediately said I would take him. We now have "Speckles" whom we call Buddy, because Speckles is a dumb name. In honor of Aubrey, Buddy has evolved into Buddy the Elf, the dog. We're still learning about his personality, but he's cute and he loves to cuddle just like Roxy.

4 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

Haha seriously- who would name their dog Speckles? ;) Is that TJ's and Kristen's first? Mindy's first? Or do they all have a couple?

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Cute new nephew and niece! Congratulations!! And I like the name Buddy -- as an elf, as a dog, or as an elf dog.

Adkins Family said...

Buddy is a good name. But I don't think Speckles is that bad...at least not for a little dog. Does he let Tim sleep in bed with you now?

Michelle said...

Congrats! Wow; it HAS been a big week for the Lotz fam! Sweet babies. And I'm sorry that you are missing Roxy . .. Buddy looks super cute; hopefully he will fill in that little gap that Roxy left!