Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lately...

It's hard to believe Tim and I have lived here for almost two years and are just now visiting Great Falls National Park. It is crazy that all of this is right on the edge of DC and only about 15 minutes from us!

Last Saturday, Michelle Prince and I ran the first ever Marine Corp 17.75k! Yes-it's a strange distance (11 miles), but it is to celebrate the year the Marine Corp was founded. The race was a difficult one with trails and forests and several hills, but we survived it. It finished at the Marine Corp Museum in Quantico, VA. I am very grateful that Michelle and I could do something together before we move. Thanks Michelle! Our awesome husbands and Michelle's baby Gabbi came to cheer us on...

2 comments:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Great Falls park is on my bucket list for Virginia, too -- we actually made it to the entrance area one time, on a rainy day (in Virginia, can you believe it was raining?) close to park closing time, so we didn't go in -- your pictures have made me move it higher on the priority list!

Michelle said...

Isn't Great Falls beautiful? Thanks for inviting me to run that race - I'm really glad that I did! You were SO nice to stay with me and run the first six miles with me even though I am a LOT slower than you.