Monday, July 12, 2010

Take Me Home, Country Road...

...To the place, I belong.
Tim, Aubrey (his sister), and I took our first trip since we moved here up to Harper's Ferry West Virginia. I didn't realize it was so pretty or so close! We weren't sure quite what to do, but we parked at the National Park Visitor Center and took a bus to the down town area that was a mixture of run-down places to eat, real stores, fake stores, and historical sites.

We also took our pick on which direction to hike the Appalachian Trail. Only 1,013 miles to Georgia!
We ended up learning about John Brown (left middle), the church (top left), and the canal that was never quite finished because the railroad boxed out.

Our sweet friends from church threw us a goodbye party complete with rock band. Thanks guys! We'll miss all of you!

And my third go-around of a 5k Running Training Clinic at work. We had a great turn out and trained for two races! The ladies did awesome and improved so much!

5 comments:

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Glad you got to West Virginia! Looking forward to seeing posts of the beautiful scenery in Colorado!

Michelle said...

Fun! Maybe we should take a trip to Harpers Ferry West Virginia. Fake stores? What are fake stores? Those pics really are beautiful.

Adkins Family said...

Harper's Ferry looks pretty. Therec are so many neat place around you. Have you done everything you've wanted to do out there on the east coast? You're running out of time!

Jessica said...

How fun! Yes I did think of you when I was in St. George, all of my good St. George memories include you! I was thinking the other day how much fun we use to have!!

The Kelson Crew said...

TANAYA! I'm so happy to have found your blog! You look amazing! It's so great to be able to see your life these days...glad everything is well, and I hope you had fun in Costa Rica!!!!!