Sunday, September 26, 2010

New York Dolls

Okay, so it's been a few months since this trip, but I forgot my camera and it took a while for us to get these pictures. Nevertheless, we took one last day trip up to the Big Apple with friends Lauren and Andrew before we headed out to Colorado. My wish for this trip was to take a ferry around the island. We purchased our tickets from the National Park Service.

Lauren and Andrew Sutton: We miss you guys!
Andrew really wanted to go to a Yankees game (mostly to see the new stadium) and it just happened that the only day we could go, the Yankees were playing the Mets: Bad idea. Our tickets ended up costing way more than they should have and the fans were crazy!
Fun times taking the Subway!
Fun times made even funner with these guys on our car! They stepped on all quiet and shy and all of the sudden started playing a loud song. One kid on the car was plugging his ears and complaining to his mom. When they finished, they walked around for tips and continued on to the next car. It was so random.
After the game we went to the south (?) side of Manhattan and made a stop at a very important store. It wasn't until later that I found out you can get their peanut butter for about half the price in several grocery stores in the US. Lauren LOVES peanut butter.
We also took a stroll through Washington Square. This is the park everyone is playing music on in August Rush. It is seriously crazy. There were all types of performers.
Most impressively, this man who drew pictures with colored sand. The pictures were amazing, but will blow away at the first gust of wind.
We miss being close to so many fun things in VA, but we're doing well in Colorado. There's not as much time for exploring and trips right now, but we're having fun!

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow, I haven't done any of that stuff in NYC before! I need to go to that park, and see the Statue of Liberty. Glad you guys could see the city again before you left!

Michelle said...

I miss you! That sand art is awesome. It looks like you had fun . .. I still need Lauren's contact info!

Sarah said...

Fun trip! The guys on the subway look hilarious ... I love it! Glad you got a fun trip to NY in before heading west!

IdaJohn said...

So I totally didn't even know you moved to Colorado. It looks so pretty there! You guys always seem to be doing fun things.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Finally getting caught up on blogs -- thanks for all your posts no matter when you get to them! I hope to go to NYC someday (sigH) and will have to get pointers from you guys when I do!