Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Townhouse

We've really enjoyed living in Colorado so far. Tim is enjoying school, and I'm enjoying looking for a job (sometimes). We really like our ward. In fact, we're even speaking on Sunday! We live in a beautiful town just a few miles southeast of Boulder called Louisville (pronounced: loo-is-ville), and we love being out of DC traffic and close to "American" stores (I called Falls Church International America). Below are some pictures of our townhouse. We feel spoiled because it has two bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.

Our bedroom (we have a beautiful fan and stand due to our no a/c, but we haven't even turned it on this past week)
The kitchen. The front door is to the left of the picture and the fridge is behind the left wall. Our front window is also behind the wall which is kind of weird, but it works. I LOVE that there is an open counter above the sink. Other units have a wall there.
The other side of the first floor. The kitchen opens into the dining area. The door here is actually our back door and our stairs are just to the right of the picture.
The upstairs hallway taken from inside our spare bedroom. At least you can see the stairs.Our lovely back porch.
And our backyard. We really got the bottom of the barrel for backyards. Behind the fence is a big road (though not terribly big, relatively) and most of the other yards have grass. We're just happy to have a yard though.
This ends our tour. Thank you for joining us.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

SO cute! You have a lot more space there than you had here in "International America!" The carpet looks really nice, and I LOVE your open dining/living area! I've been looking forward to this "tour;" thanks for posting! Good luck speaking in church . .. you just barely spoke here! And good luck finding a job. Job hunts are never fun, but you are amazing, so I'm sure you'll find something.

Sarah said...

it looks like such a great place for you guys! i love the layout and I bet you are LOVING having more space. There's something about living in a 2 story place that makes you feel more at home ... at least for us it did.

Glad to hear you are already loving your new wherabouts!

Amelia Brame said...

House envy! You have so much space! It looks awesome and I'm definitely jealous of your cool weather :)

Aubrey said...

Wow, it looks like you have really high ceilings in your bedroom and a lot of natural light throughout the house! What a great find! Maybe I should make a paper chain to count down until I get to see it in real life :)

Scott said...

What's not to love about Falls Church?

My favorite is that Bubba's BBQ was run by a guy from Turkey!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful home Tanaya!! I'm glad you're doing well

Adkins Family said...

Looks nice! Plenty of room to expand your family! ;) But you better do it soon before your stuff takes over your spare room. Funny how empty space just fills up.

Jessica said...

I love it, it's such a cute place. We loved our Townhouse. I hope you keep enjoying Colorado, I love it there!!

Nichols Family said...

Tim, It's Tori (Bishop). I randomly stumbled on your family blog and want to say hi. It looks like life is going well for you! We live just south of Denver and like you, instantly feel in love w/ CO. There is always something to do. We're actually headed up your way next weekend for hiking and visiting a pick your own farm. If you ever head south of Denver let me know, it'd be neat to meet up.
toebishop(at)gmail(dot)com

Nichols Family said...

PS: Would you ask Scott if I could see his blog? Pretty please?