Tim and I took advantage of living closer to Utah and drove to St. George for conference weekend and ...the
marathon. Three words describe my experience:
hot,
long, and
ouch. Don't let the smiles in the pictures deceive you; I knew the camera's were there so I faked.


After 26 miles, all form is lost...

This picture was taken from Mindy's camera. I didn't know she was there. You can see the pain on my face.

Finished with a time of 3:39:13. I am satisfied.

The picture above is a real smile. No more marathons for a
LONG time.

We fit a lot into the weekend. Besides the marathon, we saw some petroglyphs in the desert


and celebrated Halloween with the kids!

I did some carving myself.

Can you guess which is mine? (answer at bottom)

Henry and Hailey were born two days apart (April 29 and May 1). This weekend was their first time meeting. They are adorable!

Grandma had fun too!

Answer:

Yay for a fun weekend!
9 comments:
Tanaya, you are aMaZiNg!! 26.2 miles is quite the accomplishment, to say the least. I love your pumpkin - super cute! I'm glad that you got to spend some time w/ family.
Congrats on the marathon!
I guessed your pumpkin correctly! Did Tim make the bat?
Those babies look like twin siblings instead of cousins! How cute! Looks like you had a great St. George weekend!
Tanaya- you rock my socks. I didn't know you were gonna run it! I am signed up to run a half marathon... we'll see how it goes ;)
Tanaya, you're amazing!! Sheesh, you were cruising! Congrats!
Love the pumpkins.
We miss you guys.
You are amazing! I can't believe you and your marathoning! Looks like fun fall activities with the family, hope you had a fun visit!
Good Job in the marathon! Someday I will run one... I saw you run passed my house on Main Street did you hear me cheer for you?
I saw your name when I was checking marathon times. I just looked at the 3:39 and thought that is so amazing. Congrats.
We loved seeing you and Tim. And you are an amazing and inspiring runner. See you soon (soon = less than a year, haha)!!
Post a Comment