Friday, October 15, 2010

Namaste

Before moving to Colorado, I decided this would be a good time for me to earn my 200 hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher). I have been attending Yoga Sansar with my instructor, Chuna Rai-Nelson, every Saturday and some weeknights since August and will complete my training November 6th!

I am excited to say I got a job teaching a modified yoga class at the Louisville Senior Center and I now sub at the recreation center (they are connected). Yay for 2.5 hours of work a week!

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Namaste! That is quite a skilled position you are in there. Congratulations on your certification!

Is your instructor from India!? (I am kind of obsessed with India right now...)

Michelle said...

Congrats! That is pretty impressive, Tanaya! I can't hold my body up with my arms to save my life (I'm sure about that . . . I just tried).

Sarah said...

Namaste! I went to a yoga class with my mom and her friend and it was great! I really need to get into it! Congrats on a new job!

Tim Larsen said...

I like how everyone is saying this "Namaste" word like its actually a real word and it means something. I'm pretty sure you made it up. You look hot in your poses, though. Sorry I didn't want to take pictures of you posing on mountaintops at Rocky Mountain National Park.

Joy Carlton said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Amelia Brame said...

Whatever- "namaste" is totally a legit word! They use it on "lost" (so it HAS to be real) and don't they say it after every yoga class. It means "I bow to you" in Indian or something :) PS- you're cool. I told Jon we need to come visit Colorado, and he agrees :)

Meg said...

I LOVE yoga! I love the second picture. It took me awhile to do that without face planting into the ground. :)

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Even I have heard of "namaste" -- I'm so proud of myself. Actually I had a client in Atlanta that ran a yoga studio, so I got familiar with terms I had never heard of before through her!