Let's face it. A blog is just a place to brag. Take a look at my previous post and you will know that I am flaunting my cute nieces and nephews.
Last night, my Sweet Chicken Chili was pronounced the winner of the Louisville Ward Chili Cook Off! I just can't help but be excited! I got the chili recipe a few months ago from allrecipes.com (I love this site) and decided to enter it because it was so good and easy. My award is this bouquet of chili peppers.
Looks Delicious!
The Winning Recipe:
(Because AllRecipes.com isn't exactly a secret)
Ingredients
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Apple cider or rice vinegar
- dash chipotle powder (my change-but chili powder works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and pour in the kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, onions, green bell pepper, tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili or chipotle powder, and salt. Stir to combine all ingredients, and set the cooker to High. Cook for 1 hour; stir again, and set the cooker to Low. Cook for 4 more hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks, and stir the shredded chicken back into the chili. Sprinkle the top of the chili with Cheddar cheese, and serve.
6 comments:
I love chipotle, too -- how exciting being THE WINNER! Glad you shared the recipe -- would love to try it. And your trophy looks great!
Why is it not being displayed next to the Bob Truss Memorial Cup? Or is that being even more prominently displayed?
Now that its chili season we'll have to try your recipe. I've never had a sweet chili before.
Looks so good! I'm going to have to try this one out. So impressed with your trophy! It looks AMAZING in your kitchen ... I'm pretty sure Cafe Rio will exchange it, maybe even for two burritos!
Awesome job on winning the chili cookoff. Nice trophy.
Good job on winning! And I love that you really hung your "trophy" up - so cute! :)
Congratulations on winning! I'll have to try your recipe. It looks good!
Post a Comment