Sunday, March 27, 2011

Go Breck!

We wanted to venture out for one more trip using our snow shoes before it gets warm. I also wanted to get the experience of a Colorado winter, so we took a trip up to Breckenridge.
We started out with a 6 mile snowshoeing trail. It started with a few miles up a mountain and along a ridge, and it finished along an old railroad bed.
Our hike midpoint was "Bakers Tank. A water tower for the old steam trains. (see first picture)
Some of the views:

A view of the resort:
On the way up to the trail, we saw these cool trains. Tim was excited about the snow blower engine and the fact that he could climb on them.
After our long workout, we ate delicious burgers in town and walked around. Lots of lights were still up and we celebrated Christmas in March! We finished our night by getting the fanciest, most expensive cookies ever. Mine was a chocolate chip cookie dipped in chocolate with walnuts on top (see picture below). Tim's was a cookie dough sandwich. That's right. Two cookies surrounding a cookie dough center. One cookie was over $3! Delicious.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like so much fun ... and those cookies sounds amazing! I'm pretty jealous! :)

Amelia Brame said...

Wow- I want to make a cookie like that! And those views are incredible! Looks like so much fun :)

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

I see some real serious candidates for photos to enlarge and hang in your "Rocky Mountain" room -- beautiful photos, Tanaya. Rod will love the trains. And I definitely want one of those cookies -- I'll hang onto $3 to invest when I can get to Breckenridge someday (I hope).

Aubrey said...

Christmas in March??? I'm so jealous! Also, I need to eat a cookie dough sandwich next time I'm out there!

Michelle said...

Those pictures/views are gorgeous! Tanaya, you look so pretty all bundled up with your bright scarf. I'm glad that Tim got to climb on the trains.

Adkins Family said...

It looks beautiful! I don't know about Christmas in march though. It just doesn't seem right. Nor does having to wear a coat and snowshoes. We were swimming last week. ;)