Sunday, March 6, 2011

Olympics Prep 101

One event I remember watching during the 2002 SLC Winter Olympics is the Cross Country Skiing and the Biathlon. I remember people telling me these skiers were probably in the best shape of any athlete in the olympics. I remembered how I am a very inexperienced skiier, and don't really like it because it is too cold, but thinking: cross country skiing is very aerobic and could probably keep me warm. Yes. I wanted to try Cross country skiing.
Tim and I cashed in a Christmas present we had been saving for and went up to Eldora (a ski resort just up Boulder Canyon) for a cross country skiing lesson. We happened to be the only ones for our lesson, so we got a lot of one-on-one instruction and learned a lot. We now know how to XC ski. Doing it is another story.

Tim kept telling me to bend my knees and slide like I'm sliding around a hard-wood floor with my socks on, but I WAS! Notice who spent more time on the ground...
Either way, the scenery was beautiful and we had a good time.

5 comments:

Tim Larsen said...

In full disclosure, Tanaya really didn't bend her knees and looked kind of like a kid ice skating for the first time. I was way faster than her.

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

Tim has probably spent more time sliding in his socks on wooden floors than you have, so he had an advantage! The pictures look really snowy pretty, but cold - brrr. Glad you are trying lots of new adventures in the Rockies!

Michelle said...

You guys are so adventurous! If anyone is in good shape it's you.

Amelia Brame said...

Umm- that looks cold! Brr! But fun! I went cross country skiing once.. and ended up with snow in my face and up my nose a lot :) YEAH so we'll come visit you for the Denver tournament and THEN the Final Four is in Houston and you can come visit us for that! Deal? :)

Linz said...

Your blog makes me jealous. You always look like you are having so much fun. We need to live closer to you guys so we can be adventurous too.