Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

Our ward campout was held at Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend. I am training someone at work, so we didn't get to do the camping part (sarcastic "bummer"), but Tim and I left early on Saturday morning to make it there for breakfast and a scenic hike:
Alberta Falls
Zach, Natalie, and Jane Olsen, Kristin and Nate Woods, and us:
Lake Haiyaha:
Above: Nate and Kristin chilling by the FREEZING water
Below: a CRAZY guy swimming in it (note the SNOW the water is coming from)

For some reason, I think its cool to get yoga poses with beautiful views.
This hike, we all gave it a try.
Dream Lake:

Nymph Lake:
(Look closely to see ducklings!)

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow, that hike looks absolutely beautiful!

Adkins Family said...

That is so pretty! But it makes me cold to look at it!

Rod and Diane Larsen said...

For some reason the guys' versions of yoga poses don't look quite a graceful -- but I'm sure I couldn't do any better! The scenery is so beautiful!

Scott said...

I need proof that the crazy guy in the lake isn't Tim.

Tanaya Larsen said...

(Tim) I would like everyone to know that my yoga pose was a joke to make fun of doing yoga poses on every dumb rock in the park.