Sunday, April 1, 2012

36 Weeks

I meant to put more "belly" pictures up throughout the pregnancy, but this is as good as it's going to get (plus the fact that every time I asked Tim to take pictures, he rolled his eyes and made fun of me).

I really don't have much to complain about; for the most part, I have been healthy, but growing another person is no picnic. Below are my 3 biggest complaints about being pregnant:
3. Clothes. I am getting to a very limited wardrobe. The worst is that your previously long shirts have become belly shirts, but you don't realize it until you 1) look in a mirror and see what you couldn't see due to your growing belly or 2) go outside and feel a cool breeze where your shirt should be.
2. You really do have to go to the bathroom all. the. time. Every time you change positions and often when the baby changes positions. I think we have gone through 3x as much toilet paper in the past 2 months.
1. Rib pain. It started around week 27 and has continued nonstop. I used to be able to push him out of my ribs, but since he has overtaken them since then, my only escape is when I am walking or down on hands and knees. Driving is the worst and I am so grateful I don't have to commute to work in Denver anymore.

The fun things about being pregnant:
3. I don't feel guilty when I don't get a workout in-although nowdays, I could count going up the stairs as a workout by the way it makes me huff and puff.
2. I don't feel guilty about eating a lot. I remember one part in the Lord of the Rings when one of the hobbits asks if they get to eat second breakfast. I pretty much have second breakfast, second lunch, etc...
1. Baby prep. Who wouldn't go through all of the uncomfortable parts of pregnancy, yet enjoy setting this up:
Our crib and bedding set:
Baby boy Larsen thanks Grandma Diney and Grandpa Rod for the beautiful crib.
My favorite part of baby prep so far has been getting his clothes ready. Mindy sent me home with a bunch of boy clothes a few months ago (plus all the gifts we've been given), and I really enjoyed organizing everything.
We're just about ready!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So fun! You look great and I totally know how to feel about those crappy parts of being preggers! But, I totally agree that setting up the nursery and getting all the clothes washed and organized is so much fun! I was just the other day thinking back and how I was doing that a year ago. It's so much fun ... enjoy the last few weeks and sleep as much as you possibly can!

Joy Carlton said...

You are so cute! I love the bedding that you got it looks cute. We are excited to see the pictures of baby boy when he comes.

IdaJohn said...

Isn't it nice to know you've made it this far and the baby can come any time now and be healthy? I'm so happy for you Tanaya!!! Can't wait to hear the good news. You look great for 36 weeks!

Meg said...

I totally feel your pain...really. But I also recognize all the joyful parts of pregnancy, too! I just keep reminding myself that as much as I'm starting to feel REALLY squished by this baby, he's feeling squished too...not to mention the fact that he's way easier to take care of now than he will be in a month. :)

Good luck! Your nursery looks oh so cute.

Adkins Family said...

I had to laugh at the part about discovering you have a belly shirt. Some of the ugly maternity t-shirts that you didn't take were specifically for these last few weeks. :) You look cute though. And I have a whole new box of clothes for you (9-12 months). Hopefully I can get them to you sometime in the next 9 months.